Become a Reading Volunteer at Cabot Yerxa Elementary School!
*Notice. Volunteering at the school is off for now but will resume.
Here’s a chance to spend quality time with children and in a very important way: helping them learn to read.
UMCPS is once again building a team of reading helpers at Cabot Yerxa Elementary School in Desert Hot Springs. To apply, go to: https://www.psusd.us/Page/6363 and fill out the application to be a NON-SUPERVISORY VOLUNTEER. (This means you will NOT be supervising students; rather, you are helping in the classroom.) You will need to take a brief course on mandatory reporting as a part of the application process. If you have questions, contact Pastor Jane.
Asylum Seeker Project
*Notice. This project has been paused until further notice due to the current situation at the border.
– New socks and underwear, small to medium sizes for both men and women, and for children
– Deodorant and toothpaste
– Coloring books and crayons
– Men’s belts
Stonewall Commemoration Palm Springs
* Track the history of LGBTQIA social progress from the historic Stonewall riots June 28, 1969 to present.
* Celebrate with a special ensemble of the Palm Springs Gay Men’s Chorus.
* Join in solidarity as many inclusive faith communities of Palm Springs share a message of reconciliation while offering moments of contemplative reflection and meditation.